Please note: Due to the large volume of orders and the impact of COVID 19 in the UK, your order that would normally take 2 - 3 weeks to arrive, could be delayed and lead times of 4 - 6 weeks are to be expected in 2021.
Although losing its flagship status to our Reflex M, the Era Gold V is still a miraculous phono stage and an important milestone in phono stage development. Different pieces of legislation over the intervening years threatened it with extinction, but we went to great lengths to preserve its most precious attribute — that of being able to convey the depth of emotion in the music.
Designed for moving magnet, moving iron and high output moving coil cartridges, the Era Gold V phono stage was our very first "ultra-linear" design. In 2002, partnered with our Elevator EXP moving coil step-up amplifier, it was the best moving coil phono stage TNT reviewer, Geoff Husband, had ever heard.
Ships in approximately 3 weeks.
- Fast-Active preamp and equalisation technology
- Early Ultra-Linear technique
- Inherent reduced vinyl click and pop characteristic
- Rock steady sound stage
- Truly 3D performance
- Converts to Moving Coil with the addition of the Elevator EXP
- Choice of power supply: PSU1 (recommended) or "green" switched mode
- Input range: 2mV to 10mV
- Output (for input range): 252mV to 1,260mV (1.26V)
- Maximum input: 39mV rms
- Maximum output: 4.914V rms
- Gain: 42dB (126) at 1kHz
- Input impedance: 47k Ohms plus 100pf
- Output (driving/source) impedance: 910 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance: 10k Ohm or greater
- Noise at output: -65dB CCIR Q-pk
- Distortion: 0.02%
- RIAA accuracy: <0.5dB
- Channel balance: 0.2dB
- Channel separation: 64dB
- Size: (approx.) W: 107 x H: 50 x D: 180 (mm) inc. jacks